The cyberspace is the new domain of Kenya’s National Security which has necessitated the government to establish an authority to coordinate cybersecurity efforts by Kenya’s cyberspace stakeholders.
Cyberspace is a conceptual electronic space unbounded by distance or other physical limitations. The domain is within the information environment consisting of the interdependent network of information systems infrastructures including the Internet, telecommunications networks, computer systems, and embedded processors and controllers.
Characteristics of the cyberspace environment
- Contains data & information
- New emerging environment
- Contains many actors/devices
- Doesn’t appear to have boundaries
- Cuts across all other domains/environment (land, air, sea)
- Provides ease of anonymity
- Globally open and available to many/any actor
- Speed and ease of access
- Multidimensional and asymmetric warfare
- Dependent and relied upon